RE: [photran] Error parser has stopped working (intel fortran compiler)

Thanks for having a look at this Bill. My original conclusion that putting the source file inside a subdirectory breaks the error parser is not quite correct. I've since determined that if the project directory contains multiple subdirectories with duplicate source file names spread across these directories, then the error parser won't report the name of the file if an error appears in one of these files. This behaviour can be reproduced as follows:

1. Create a new Makefile project (Intel Fortran tool chain)
2. Create a 'helloworld.f90' program containing a trivial syntax error and place it in a subdirectory 'src' of the project root. e.g. -

PROGRAM helloworld

IMPLICIT NONE
abcdef
    PRINT *, "Hello world"

END PROGRAM helloworld

3. Place the Makefile in the project root directory. For example, I'm using

FC=/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/083/bin/intel64/ifort
SRCFOLDER=./src

.SUFFIXES:
.SUFFIXES: .f90 .o
.f90.o:
    $(FC) $(FFLAGS) -c $< -o $@
helloworld: $(SRCFOLDER)/helloworld.o
    $(FC) -o $@ $(SRCFOLDER)/helloworld.o
clean:
    rm helloworld $(SRCFOLDER)/*.o

4. Create, and then run, a make target for helloworld. The error parser should correctly identify helloworld.f90 as containing an error (i.e. double clicking on the error message will display the erroneous code).

5. Next, create a second subdirectory called (e.g.) 'src2' containing an empty file, also called 'helloworld.f90'. Now, if you run the make target, the error parser won't report the file name so that double clicking on the error message won't work.

Also, adding the 'src' directory to the list of source folders in the project properties menu doesn't fix the problem.

Hope this helps,
Dougal Kan.