Re: [photran] how to apply available fix for 64 bits executable not recognized ?

Jeffrey Overbey a écrit :
Unfortunately, you can only apply this patch to the source code for
CDT; you can't apply it to an end-user installation.
OK, thanks.
Obviously the easiest thing to do would be to wait for the next CDT
release which includes the patch. :-)  If you really, really need the
patch, we have instructions for how to check out the source code for
Photran and CDT and build and run it...
I do not need it that much, so I think I will wait for next builds although I would have thought that the build of december 18th, would include a patch found november 19th. I do not know how to check that, but if it is really inside then it does not work for me... In fact it is not so bad since, surprisingly, this 64 bits release seem to be very slow for me because make seems to take an awful lot of time to check things before actually starting the actions from the Makefile (much more than the 32 bits version in the same virtual machine). => Instead of my using a Windows virtual machine, I have given a Linux x86-64 virtual machine to the person with whom I am working and I teach him a bit of Linux (we want to deal with dense matrices of size greater than 4 GB).

Back to the top