Re: [photran] Photran 5.0 & Intel Visual Fortran 11

Hi,

YueJun Yin wrote:
> On 12/07/2009 07:16 AM, Dirk-Jan Pinkster wrote:
>> Hi all, looking at all the features Photran 5 has to offer this
>> really looks like a very seriously cool development environment for
>> my Fortran code.
>>
>> However, it is still not clear to me what to do in order to get
>> Photran to work with Intel Visual Fortran (11). Is there some sort
>> of installation manual or checklist available anywhere?
>>
>> I am not familiar with Cygwin, gfortran, makefiles etc. and I
>> really would prefer a solution which consists of purely an IVF
>> installation and a Photran installation.
>
> If you are working on WinOS, I would recommend you use VS2008 for
> IVF11. If you are on Linux, there is really nothing IDE to go, as far
> as I tried. I am using Fedora 11. What I am doing is using VIM for
> coding and then shell command to compile. Intel provides a GUI
> debugger that is worth a try.

I'm migrating to Eclipse for most of my development on Windows and Linux
  for a number of reasons. It decouples the compiler from the IDE, it
gives me the the same toolset and IDE regardless of platform, it gives
me superior search-and-replace capability, and in the case of Photran,
I'm hopeful that the refactoring tools will mature to where I can press
a button and convert our fixed-format half-F77/half-F9x code to clean,
clear F9x code (I can dream... :) )

I have some version of Intel Visual Fortran, and while it works within
Visual Studio, I'm also interested in getting it to work with Eclipse
and Photran on Windows. I'm currently using gfortran as a workaround but
 I'd prefer a commercial compiler; we've paid for the Intel compiler so
there's no reason not to use it.

-- Bob

PS: I still owe the team some log files and refactoring cases; I've been
busy with code QA & such.

Back to the top