RE: [photran] Problem with make

Thanks, Beth. I am running Vista  64. Launching Eclipse from the command window resolved the problem.

From: photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Beth Tibbitts
Sent: Tuesday, 27 October 2009 10:47
To: Photran Information
Subject: Re: [photran] Problem with make

Sounds like your environment variables (including PATH, which finds make) aren't being transferred to eclipse.

> I have checked my PATH variable
But that was from the command line.
> I receive this error: Cannot run “make”
Yes, sounds like it can't find make.

What platform are you on?
I'm guessing you are launching from an icon or something.
Try launching eclipse from a command/terminal window.
Verify that make is found in the path, then launch eclipse from there.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for "Blackburn, Taylor" ---10/27/2009 10:16:11 AM---I can’t manage to build/run my projects in Eclipse/P"Blackburn, Taylor" ---10/27/2009 10:16:11 AM---I can’t manage to build/run my projects in Eclipse/Photran (latest releases). I am running Vista and have GNU Fortran installe

"Blackburn, Taylor" <Blackburn.Taylor@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/27/2009 10:15 AM

Please respond to
Photran Information <photran@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<photran@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[photran] Problem with make

I can’t manage to build/run my projects in Eclipse/Photran (latest releases). I am running Vista and have GNU Fortran installed. I have checked my PATH variable and it seems to be set correctly (cmd recognizes ‘gfortran’ and ‘make’). I have followed the gfortran Getting Started Guide carefully but when I try to build a project, I receive this error: Cannot run “make”; Launching failed. Naturally, then, when I try to run the project, I receive the error “Launch failed. Binary not found.” In cmd, however, I can navigate to /[projectname]/debug and run ‘make’ and it will correctly build the project from the autogenerated makefile. I have fiddled with the Project Settings, etc. and have also searched online but I haven’t been able to successfully build a project. I’m fairly new to Eclipse, so there might be something really obvious that I’m missing. Any ideas?_______________________________________________
photran mailing list
photran@xxxxxxxxxxx