Re: [photran] Getting Started with Photran

Hi Jason,
Thanks for posting with a little more information.
Do you have gcc on your computer?
You might look in the .log file (located in <workspace>/.metadata/.log) - it will contain the latest error messages.
If you want, delete this file, then relaunch eclipse and do the same thing, then post what it says. (That way all the old stuff won't pollute the possibly long file).
You can also view the errors from the .log file in the Error View (Window > Open View ...)
Some info about your eclipse installation etc. might help as well. Some info might be in the .log file, but a complete list of your installation details
can be found via the Help > About menu, then click the "Configuration Details" button.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Jason Lan ---05/03/2009 01:36:15 PM---_______________________________________________Jason Lan ---05/03/2009 01:36:15 PM---_______________________________________________

          Jason Lan <jjasonlan@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          05/03/2009 01:36 PM

          Please respond to
          Photran Information <photran@xxxxxxxxxxx>

photran@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Sikun Lan <sikun@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject

[photran] Getting Started with Photran
I am Jason Lan and I'm 11 years old. I am trying to make photran work but unsuccesfully.
I follow the step on the website for making hello world but in the problems tab it says
"Error launching external scanner info generator (gcc -E -P -v -dD C:/Users/JasonLan/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.c)
hello Unknown 1241301131818 31
I have no idea what to do I hope some1 can help me. Hopefully he is much more experianced. Can you tell me what to do?