Re: [photran] stepping through code does leapfrog

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 2:17 AM, Arjan van Dijk <Arjan.van.Dijk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I set a breakpoint and then step through my program while it is
> running, every now and then the highlighted line does not just go to the
> next line containing the next program statement.

> Is this a feature? Can it be switched off?
> If not, can I hereby make a feature-request for Photran?

It is not really a feature, it is a mismatch betweeen Photran and the
wrapper for gdb that Photran inherited from CDT.

We  haven't done much work on the debugger for Photran.  Photran
reuses large parts of CDT.  One of those parts is the interface to the
debugger.  As time goes by, we know of more and more ways in which the
debugger doesn't quite work.  We really ought to make a revised
version, but it is not on our short-term research agenda.  I might
hire some undergrads this summer to work on it.

If you could make a simple example to show the problem and make a bug
report that we can use to see the problem, it would help me to make
sure it gets fixed.

-Ralph Johnson

Back to the top