Re: [photran] Photran running on Windows - console output

Hi Stephen,

"wrong" place due to a problem wrt pipes / tty. It seems this is an ongoing problem. Any fix in the pipeline?

The other problem is getting gdb to work - I have built gdb but it seems to fail - I am having to tell students about using "trace writes".

Unfortunately, these are both issues with CDT; Photran reuses their binary launcher and debugger without modification. Please ask about them on the CDT mailing list and cross-post here if you get any good responses.

The other niggle is having to place cygwin1.dll in each project folder or with risk (update of cygwin) in the windows\system32 folder.

You should also be able to place it in any directory listed in your PATH (or modify your PATH to include a directory it's in). Cf. the Photran FAQ - http://www.eclipse.org/photran/faq.php

Jeff

Back to the top