Re: [photran] Errors are not appearing in the text editor

My experience has been that photran has to be the last plugin added to an eclipse installation. After I install photran if I then  install or upgrade other plugins (like for example installing the doxygen documentation plugin), photran essentially disappears. i.e the Fortran Project options disappear from the new project menu and I get errors saying the fortran perspective no longer exists and any fortran files seem to not have an editor associated with them and end up opening in an external editor. I've tried reinstalling and starting with eclipse -clean etc but a fresh install of eclipse with photran being the last plugin that is added seems to be the only thing that works.

- dharhas

Dharhas Pothina
Hydrologist, Bays & Estuaries Section
Surface Water Resources Division
Texas Water Development Board
1700 North Congress Ave.
P.O. Box 13231
Austin, TX 78711-3231

Tel: (512) 936-0818
Fax: (512) 936-0816

dharhas.pothina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.twdb.state.tx.us

>>> David Bilyeu <bilyeu.4@xxxxxxx> 4/9/2008 3:03 PM >>>
I am using gnu fortran version 4.2.1.

When I right click on properties I do not see Fortran Build.
This is what I see:
Resource Builders
>C/C++ General
C/C++ Include Paths ...
C/C++ Make Project
C/C++ Project Path
(etc)

When I go to C/C++ Make Project > Error Parser
all error parsers are selected.

I started this project over a year ago from a previous version of
eclipse and photran.  To get my project into the current workspace after
upgrading I selected import then archive file.

Here are a two examples of the errors
Example 1
program main
	implicit none
	write(*,*) 'hello world
	write(*,*) hello_world
	!call abc  !there is no subroutine called abc
end program main

The Console output tells me where the errors are but the location is not
noted in the file and when i click on the Problems tab at the bottom of
the window the only error shown is
make: *** [all] Error 1 Trial5 line 0

Example 2

program main
	implicit none
	write(*,*) 'hello world'
	!write(*,*) hello_world
	call abc  !there is no subroutine called abc
end program main

This time the error location is shown in the vertical ruler and the
Problems tab at the bottom of the window shows
make: *** [all] Error 1 Trial5 line 0
undefined reference to 'abc_' hello.f90 line

Hope this helps
David