[photran] Re: Where to focus development efforts

Hi Jeff,

Firstly, thanks very much to the Photran team for their great work. I use Photran extensively now to try and piece my way through old (and new) Radiative Transfer codes written in Fortran. I use the debugger extensively.

My one request is that the multi dimensional arrays problem in the debugger be fixed. This is worth man months in development time for me. Photran would be perfect if this worked properly. Actually there are a couple of things but they are so minor compared to this problem I'm not going to even mention them!

If you can give me a feel for what the problem is with this mutli dimensional arrays problem then I might be able to help or at least I would know how long I am going to have to deal with it.

Really appreciate all your hard work and your generosity with the Fortran community.

Cheers,

Adrian

>For help in planning our official, Eclipse-approved, non-beta release of Photran later this year and future releases, we would >like some input from the community.
>

>What functionality is most conspicuously missing from Photran?>
>What existing features are sub-par?>
>What can we do to make Photran more appealing and approachable to new users?>
>
>I will send my own thoughts on these questions later: I would like to hear from others before biasing the discussion.  Please >reply to the entire list.  Thanks in advance.
>
>Jeff Overbey

www.yahoo7.com.au/y7mail

Back to the top