[photran] Problems buiding fortran projects under Mac OS X Leopard

I am trying to run Photran under Mac Leopard, following the instruction
listed at http://www.eclipse.org/photran/documentation.php#mm, Getting
Started with Managed Make.
When I try to build the project, the following error message appears:

Building file: ../hello.f90
Invoking: GNU Fortran Compiler
gfortran -funderscoring -O0 -g -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o"hello.o"
"../hello.f90"
Finished building: ../hello.f90

Building target: pruebaexecutablegnufortran
Invoking: GNU Fortran Linker
gfortran  -o"pruebaexecutablegnufortran"  ./hello.o
/usr/bin/ld: unknown flag: -opruebaexecutablegnufortran
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [pruebaexecutablegnufortran] Error 1

Hello.f90 is the source file, while pruebaexecutablegnufortran id the
name of the project. This is when I choose "Executable (Gnu Fortran)"
under the Project Types (Step 3 in the instructions).
The makefile seems to run Ok, but the project is wrong. It seems to have
an error with the linker. Any help about this?

Besides, and trying all the possibilities, if I choose the "Executable
(Gnu Fortran on Mac OS X)" I get the following error message:

Building target: pruebaexecutablegnufortranonmacosx
Invoking: MacOS X Fortran Linker
gfortran  -o "pruebaexecutablegnufortranonmacosx"  ./hello.o
/usr/bin/ld: warning unknown -macosx_version_min parameter value: 10.5.1
ignored (using 10.4)
/usr/bin/ld:
/usr/local/lib/gcc/i386-apple-darwin9.0.0/4.3.0/../../../libgfortran.dylib
load command 8 unknown cmd field
/usr/bin/ld:
/usr/local/lib/gcc/i386-apple-darwin9.0.0/4.3.0/../../../libgcc_s.10.5.dylib
load command 8 unknown cmd field
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libSystem.dylib unknown flags (type) of section 6
(__TEXT,__dof_plockstat) in load command 0
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [pruebaexecutablegnufortranonmacosx] Error 1

One of the problems seems to be with the OS version, since Leopard is
Mac OS 10.5.1. Anyway, this is just a warning. Any idea of the other
error lines?

Any help would be very appreciated, since I have got stuck in the middle
of a development...

Aitor Urresti

Universitiy of the Basque Country

Back to the top