Re: [photran] how do I compile fortran codes using g77

Murat BEYHAN schrieb:
Dear Friends,

I'm newbee about eclipse and photran.
I use linux OS and I have unzipped the following packages to
try photran.
On my mandrake10.2 OS, gcc-g77 has beeen installed and work well.
I'm familiar to use Fortran power station 4.0 in Windows.
Actually when I try to find a program seems FPS4.0 to work under linux I have
found photran. I have first impression It was fantastic program to develop fortran projects.
But I try to test it using simple code then I created a prroject and source code
I could not compile, buil and run my simple code under it.
[...]
make all Building file: ../code.f
Invoking: GNU Fortran Compiler
gfortran -funderscoring -O0 -g -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o"code.o" "../code.f"
/bin/sh: gfortran: command not found
make: *** [code.o] Error 127

because gfortran has not been installed.
So Howw can I use gcc-g77 as a fortran compiler. I think it is possible. May
be I made mistake When I select compiler for  the project.
Is it possible to use g77 as compiler.

To use g77 with Photran out-of-the-box is not possible! The Managed-Make feature works with gfortran and Intel Fortran on Linux only.

Have you read the brief documentation "Getting Started with Standard Make" at http://www.eclipse.org/photran/documentation.php#sm? Exchange g95 with g77 in the Makefile an it should run.

And How the photran is powerfull for creating graphical application. To plot
graphic is to difficult by using fortran power station 4.0 under Windows OS.

Could you show me some graphiccal example via documents off the photran if it
is available on the net...
Regards...

What kind of graphics do you mean? Graphical user interfaces, data plots or drawing graphical primitives? First of all, Photran do not provide or support any graphic output in Fortran at all. You need third-party libraries or libraries which came with your compiler. AFAIK Fortran Power Station 4 is rather old and won't be supported by many suppliers.

Here some links (not complete), which works with g77 (FORTRAN 77) at least:

GUIs:
   - JAPI: www.japi.de (open source/development stopped 2003)
   - GINO: http://www.gino-graphics.com (commercial)

Plotting packages
   - Dislin: www.dislin.de (free for non-commercial use)
   - PGplot: www.astro.caltech.edu/~tjp/pgplot/
     (free for non-commercial use)
   - PLplot: http://plplot.sourceforge.net/ (LPGL)

Some of the packages above work on Windows and Unix (Linux for sure).

BTW: Why you stuck on the old FORTRAN 77? Fortran 95 has many advantages against FORTRAN 77. I have never regretted to spend the time learning Fortran 95. ... Anyway.

Best regards,

Hani

Back to the top