[photran] how to install photran-4.0-beta1.zip

Excuse for my naivete, but I have always installed plug-ins, new features by adding a Remote Site (if necessary) and letting Help / Software Updates / Find and Install do all the work for me. I am only an occasional Eclipse user at this point.

When I grabbed the photran (in the subject line) .zip file, I thought I only needed to click "New Archived Site" and point to the zip file. This does not work. I get a message like:

   "Network connection problems encountered during search"

If I look at Details, it says ...cannot find the file: "/usr/local/share/eclipse/LocalPlugins/photran-4.0-beta1.zip!/"

I cannot get it to drop those last two characters, "!/", so it thinks it's looking for a folder instead of a .zip file (I think). I also tried point to a folder where I had exploded the zip and that didn't work either. When I expand the .zip, I thought, from other documentation I saw, that there needs to be a site.xml file in the top directory. This file only has features/ and plugins/ folders, no site.xml .

I have never added a feature in this manner before, so I apologize in advance as I'm sure this is silly.

Thank you -

Karl H. Rudnick                  karl.rudnick@xxxxxxxx  e-mail
Technology Research Group                 858-826-6468   voice
SAIC, MS/C4                               858-826-6587     fax
10260 Campus Point Drive 858-395-0227 cell San Diego, CA 92121