[photran] remote compile+local compile

Hi Everyone, Photran newb here.

I have a couple of questions:

1) I run Photran on my local machine (OSX 10.4) and my code resides on a cluster. I use FUSE to have access to my files on the cluster, which has worked perfectly. BUT for compiling I still must open my X11 window and run the little compile script I built via ssh. Not painful but I wonder if there an easier way? Perhaps setting the "Run" button command to do it? I read in this list that this feature is yet to come...is it here yet? :)

2) I read that perhaps Photran should be easier to run from the server for the compiler. If so: a) is it taxing on the server do run it using ssh -X say with multiple users/sessions? b) what's the easiest way to install Photran on a server? we have rpm pack man installed.

3) the tutorials for setting up g95/gfortran/ifort are a bit confusing. Is there an idiot proof tutorial out there, because I just can't seem to make mine work (using gfortran on local lappy) perhaps as a feature request, the developers could auto locate the compiler since there are only a handful of them and they all reside in the same basic place in Unix/Linux based systems.

Thanks all and if the developers are still reading this...great job thus far! It's done wonders for my fortran coding skills :D

System:  PB G4 10.4.9
Eclipse: 3.2
Photran Plugin: 4.0

Back to the top