Re: [photran] Newcomer need Help

Lucas Hii schrieb:
I recently downloaded the photran-3.1-beta2-full-win32, follow the tutorial
on setting up Photran to work with the F
compiler.<ftp://ftp.swcp.com/pub/walt/F/photran.pdf>However I got
stuck while trying to make a file. I press the build button
which i get "no file to make" message on the console.

I don't have a makefile and I don't know how to make one. Does the phortran
makes a makefile itself?Thanks~

Photran do not provide automatic Makefiles ("Managed Make Projects") _on_Windows_ out-of-the-box AFAIK. So you have to choose "Standard Make Projects" and you have to manage your Makefiles yourself.

To automate Makefile making you can use (free) third-party products and integrate them in Photran. Look at http://www.g95.org/howto.html#photran for details. This step-by-step guide is for the g95 compiler but you can adapt it to F easily.

This should solve your problem.

Best regards,

Hani

Back to the top