[photran] Windows installation problem.

I recently attempted to install Photran on my Windows 2003 computer, but it fails when I try to create a new project.

My installation process was thus:
* Unzip the eclipse-platform-3.2.2-win32.zip file in my D:\Programs directory.
* Unzip the "features" and "plugins" files from org.eclipse.cdt-3.1.2-win32.x86.zip into the newly-created eclipse/features and eclipse/plugins directories. * Unzip the "features" and "plugins" files from photran-3.1-beta2.zip into the newly-created eclipse/features and eclipse/plugins directories.

At this point, all of the basic CDT stuff seems to work; when I go to "File->New->Project" on the menu, and select something such as "Managed Make C++ Project" and click "Next", I get a new C++ project.

However, when I select "Managed Make Fortran Project" (or "Standard Make Fortran Project") from the menu and click "Next", an error box pops up which says:
The selected wizard could not be started.

Reason:
Plug-in org.eclipse.photran.cdtinterface was unable to load class org.eclipse.photran.cdtinterface.ui.NewMakeFortranProjectWizard.

Any ideas? I tried removing the cdt-3.1.2 files and unzipping cdt-3.1.1 into the relevant location instead, since the Photran installation specificially said "3.1.1", but I still got the error.

Thanks!
- Brooks

Back to the top