Re: [photran] Photran 3.1-B2 under SuSE Linux

Hi,

On 15 Mar 2007 00:03, Michel DEVEL wrote:
> David Lochrin a écrit :
>>
>> I have a basic how-can-I-get-started question, and would be
>> really pleased to receive any hints.
>>
>> I've installed Eclipse 3.2.2 and Photran 3.1-beta2, running under
>> SuSE / Novell Linux 9.1 and Sun Java 1.4.2_03.
>
>  I and at least one other person on this list have had to upgrade
> the java RTE to be able to run photran.
> 1.4.2 is a priori not enough. I think you need at least 1.5.0_06 or
> something like that (currently at 1.5.0_11).

   Thanks for the lead.  I installed Java RTE !.5.0_06-17 which came on the O/S CDs and the problem has disappeared.  I haven't actually completed either a standard or automatically created "make" but at least the wizard gets started.

   (Installing Java 1.5 was a long story.  I eventually upgraded SuSE Linux from 9.1 to 10.1 with a completely new installation and now have a reasonable system again.  An O/S one has had for years is like a comfortable bed, but the pain seems to have been worth it!!)

Regards,
David

Back to the top