Re: [photran] Photran on OSX 10.3

In 3.0.0 we used a generic "Standard Make Project" and "Make Perspective" for both C and Fortran. Files with extensions like .f90 should open up in Photran's editor as expected.

That said, the Photran 3.1 release (which should be out in the near future) will not require Java 1.5.

Jeff Overbey

Paul Keir wrote:
Hello,

As a user of CDT/Eclipse on OSX 10.3 I was delighted to learn about the Photran project. I have version 3.2 of Eclipse and version 3.1 of CDT installed, so I downloaded and installed the current Photran Beta 3.1 for Eclipse 3.2 (not the OSX 10.4 package). When I then select a Photran option from within Eclipse, I receive an error message, such as 'Problems opening perspective 'org.eclipse.photran.ui.FortranP erspective' ', and then obtain no Photran functionality. Searching on the internet gave me the idea that this may be due to a requirement for Java v1.5/5 (only Java v1.4 is available on OSX 10.3), and so I began looking at the older releases of Photran.

As it happens I have already an older CDT-free version of Eclipse (3.1.2) installed. I then tried downloading and installing a previous version of Photran (Full Photran 3.0.0 For Mac OSX 10.3) with it. However, when I run this version of Eclipse I see no Photran entries or options in the GUI, although as before it is reported in the Help menu's Plug-In Details section - this time with no logged errors.

Can anyone offer any advice? I am happy to provide more information.

Regards,
Paul