Re: [photran] Couple of newbie questions

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the quick reply. Comments below.

Jeffrey Overbey wrote:
1) We started by looking at a large F90 code (WRF). The code is in free format, but the parser seems to only work in fixed format. Is there a way for us to get the parser to understand free format?

Whether the fixed or free form editor is used (and whether the parser operates in fixed or free format) is determined by the filename extension. What extension are you using?
The file has a .F extension. Is there a way I can tell PHOTRON to which editor to use either by extension or for a given file?

2) How complete is the F90 support in PHOTRAN?

The parser is built from a grammar for Fortran 95, although we've tried to support features from Fortran 77 when it is reasonable. I'm not sure if that answers your question or not...
It helps ... Is there a list somewhere of what F77 features are supported or unsupported?

Thanks again

Howard

Jeff Overbey
UIUC