[photran] (no subject)

Greetings,
       We're having two problems related to Photran:

1.  When I try to access the Photran mailing list archives, I get "Index" and options "by Date" and "by Thread".  When I click one, I get to other, but I never seem to actually get to an archive that shows messages.  Is there a "tip sheet" I could consult that will help me access the archives?  (Apologies if my second questions was answered previously...)

2.  We have installed Photran 3.0.0 from the Windows bundle (.msi) on a pretty decent Dell PC (2 GHz speed, 1G ram, winXP SP2).  We use the MinGW compiler suite installed in c:\MinGW\bin rather than the version provided in the bundle (ours is updated).  Our main compiler is a recent G95; java is version 1.5.0_07; our program is in several files all less than 100K; make is compiling nicely and our program runs fine.  BUT, from the Photran IDE reading and writing files is painfully slow, perhaps up to a minute for one of our smallish Fortran files.  We used Windows' Performance Monitor and found that memory use by javaw.exe climbs to about 150K during read/writes, but that from half to 80% of CPU time is being used during reads and writes.  Thinking we might need to reserve more memory, we changed our invocation to:

     c:\Photran\eclipse.exe -vm c:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe -vmargs -Xms128M -Xmx512M

but reading and writing were as slow as before.  Have others experienced this problem?  What is the diagnosis, and what is the cure?

Thanks in advance,

Michael L. Berbaum, Ph.D., Director
Methodology Research Core
Institute for Health Research and Policy (MC 275)
University of Illinois at Chicago
1747 West Roosevelt, Room 558
Chicago, Illinois 60608
Tel:  (312) 413-0476