Re: [photran] Issues with 3.0

Hi Alin,

Thanks for the comments.  All of your points are valid; please feel free to create Bugzilla entries for them at http://bugs.eclipse.org

Specific comments follow...

1. Outline view is totally unusable
for example, the following code (I kept the original highlight)
will give me in outline the message: Error: Unexpected end of input "

The last line of every file must end with a newline character due to the way statements are parsed, as Henrik already pointed out.  If there are other reasons why the Outline view is "totally unusable," please let us know.

1. the auto-indentation is awful, but I can leave with it
So we are told.  The undergrads will work on this.  I have started Bugzilla 126382 to summarize these issues; feel free to add to it.

2. in the code
    if (i>=10) then
i think that 10 is incorrectly highlighted. The same behaviour I saw all the time when I use a binary operator followed by a number a=a+1
3. the intrinsic functions do not appear highlighted, is it what you have intended?

Actually, both of these were intentional, but if they look "wrong" to our users, then they should be changed.  Bugzilla 126386.

Thanks again for your comments, and please let us know if you have any other issues.

Jeff Overbey
Photran Team, UIUC

Back to the top