[photran] Proposals for the CDT "project model" and project UI

This is an FYI for those who are interested.  For those who don’t know me, I’m a CDT committer and work at Intel.  Intel is very interested in integrating into Photran as well as CDT, so I’m interested in making CDT better suited for Fortran (and other language) support.  I’ve submitted 2 proposals in bugzilla 115935 pertaining to the CDT “project model”.  The primary goals of the proposals are:

  1. To separate the parts of the current CDT project model which are programming language specific from those that are not, and to begin the process of defining a “compiled language” infrastructure (named *DT is the paper).
  2. To allow tool integrators to integrate more easily and more completely into this infrastructure.  This includes the ability to integrate complete tool-chains, individual tools, external libraries, etc.
  3. To set the stage for increasing CDT/FDT/*DT usability by defining a more usable “project model”.

Your feedback is encouraged.  You’ll notice that some of my suggestions for the multi-language UI are different than the current Photran proposal for a “Make Project” and “Make Perspective”.

Regards,

Leo Treggiari

Back to the top