Re: [photran] Photran and cdt

marcos_donato wrote:
Hello,

First of all, thanks for developing the photran project! I have looked for a nice linux compiler independent fortran ide and could not find for a long time.

I would like to try using the new beta release of fortran, but would like to hear from you about the coexistence of photran and cdt. Last time I tried my C++ environment stopped working properly (first simptom was that the
outline view got blank...) when I installed photran, so I
worked since then with 2 eclipse versions, one for photran
only and the other for the "rest" (C++, java and Latex).

Is this still the best aproach, or I can already try to
install photran with the rest of the pack?

Thanks,

Marcos

since Photran still uses a modified CDT, one should install another version of eclipse solely for Photran to have maximum flexibility according to updates/bugfixes of the CDT.

Regards
Marcus

Marcus Wagner
High Performance Computing               Hochleistungsrechnen
RWTH Aachen University                   Rechen- und Kommunikations-
Center for Computing and Communication   zentrum der RWTH Aachen
                                        Seffenter Weg 23
                                        52074 Aachen, Germany
email: wagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx