[photran] Re: Comments on new beta2

Hi,

To make a long story short, there was a ton of code behind the embedded editor in the old page... more than it deserved, considering how infrequently that page is used. We figure people will set up their colors once and never touch it again.

But keeping in mind the idea of creating a UDT out of the CDT, wouldn't it be reasonable to be able to have a consistent color coding scheme for all languages? So the idea would be to shift the color editor for C++ out of its current location and put it in Window/Preferences/General/Editor.

Even further, wouldn't it be reasonable to take almost everything that is not language specific out of the corresponding Window/Preferences/C/C++/Editor and put it in the general part? For instance, I want to have "Highlight Matching Brackets" in every language, or?

In this way no additional coding is necessary and the already existing parts can be reused. Regarding the embedded editor, why not just convert it into dummy character strings with color attributes? Since you cannot edit it anyway...

Maybe it not updating correctly. What happens if you close and reopen the editor?

You are right. After closing and reopening the editor, I get the keyword color assigned to them.

Thanks for everything and greetings from Spain,

Miguel

Back to the top