[photran-dev] CDT_3_Compatibility Branch

I have created a branch for (only) the two projects

* org.eclipse.photran.cdtinterface
* org.eclipse.photran.analysis

called CDT_3_Compatibility, which (surprise!) maintains compatibility with the CDT 3 APIs. The versions in HEAD work with CDT 4/CDT HEAD.

I am generally not involved with MBS work, so if we need to branch any of the MBS plug-ins as well, please let me know. They still need to be updated to CDT 4, AFAIK.

According to our Official Plan (cf. web site), we are still going to have an official release sometime soon. I'm not sure if this will be with CDT 3 or 4. The as-yet-unreleased Photran debugger from our undergrads is essentially a cut-and-paste of the CDT 3.? debugger and does not work with CDT 4, but it fixes several annoying problems (anyone read the mailing list?) and should be released in some form, even if it's just a prototype separate from the main release.

What are other people's feelings about CDT 3 vs. 4?

Jeff

Back to the top