RE: [phoenix-dev] Re: Open Source Web Analytics (Piwik) vs Google Analytics

I only approved Janet to start reviewing this topic this afternoon.

From: phoenix-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:phoenix-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bjorn Freeman-Benson
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:43 PM
To: 'Janet Campbell'
Cc: For developers on the new Eclipse.org website project.
Subject: [phoenix-dev] Re: Open Source Web Analytics (Piwik) vs Google Analytics

Janet,
How are you coming on the legal issues surrounding Google Analytics?

- Bjorn

Nathan Gervais wrote:

At this point in time I do not think that Piwik is the right solution. Piwik shows promise and at some point in the we may wish to revisit its use.

I think we need to have a further discussion on exactly how we measure conversions as mentioned in [1].  For example how do we measure a conversion for “Download a distro or build” does this mean that we use an exit page metric for anything on download.eclipse.org?  What if that user continues to surf the site and exits through another page.  Does that count as a conversion?   What if a user performs multiple actions that constitute a conversion? Does that count as one or many?

--

[end of message]

Back to the top