From: phoenix-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:phoenix-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Denis Roy
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 4:43 PM
To: For developers on the new Eclipse.org website project.
Subject: Re: [phoenix-dev] New website design: a call for participation

Karl Matthias wrote:
Roger Dudler wrote:
Design Issue
One problem we have with the eclipse website design at all are two
things. The Logo itself doesn't work well on light backgrounds and the
main color (purple) is not modern at all. It looks dark and in lighter
tunes it looks not really nice.
Spot on, Roger. The logo unfortunately really mucks up most decent redesigned color options. The fact that the logo requires a specific background color (and that it is dark purple) is, IMHO a real problem for designing anything to look good.

http://www.eclipse.org/artwork/

There is an Eclipse logo with a white background that, I think, qualifies. I'll ask Janet if we can actually use it.

D.

Back to the top