Re: [phoenix-dev] Refining your Google CSE results.

Nice work, Matt!

Karl

Matthew Ward(Esq.) wrote:
Hi Folks,

As part of trying to solve bug 227791, I wanted to find a way to add the 'inurl' filter option to the Google search query. I had been using an effective hack that altered the form to add an onSubmit action that used some javascript to insert the 'inurl' text into the search terms, but as was pointed out it cluttered the search text. After digging around I came across the following post:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-custom-search-creating-and-editing/browse_thread/thread/dc637db356ff2c39/f8b0571ecf5f4eab

After reading that I removed the onSubmit action and added the following to the search form:

<input type="hidden" name="hq" value="inurl:dev.eclipse.org/custom/url">

And it works great. It's even sticky so that searches of the results are filtered the same way, and it's essentially invisible to the user.

-Matt.