Re: [phoenix-dev] New Key for the Project Info DB.

Matt,

I added this to the Portal code for editing meta-data. It is checked-in. I'll deploy tomorrow after reviewing any other comments on this list.

Karl

Matthew Ward(Esq.) wrote:
Hi All,

As part of solving bug 179537, I'd like to add a new MainKey named 'projectleftnav' to the ProjectInfo database as well as SubKeys of 'title','url','order' and 'separator'. Here's the proposed definition:

MainKey: projectleftnav
   SubKey: title Value: 'Getting started'
   SubKey: url  Value:http://www.eclipse.org/someurl
   SubKey: order Value: 1
   SubKey: separator Value: no

So using this projects could define a complete custom left nav controlling both the button text, link the order and even locate separators to break up the menu. As part of this I'd also like to extend our current object classes to return the ordered list to both help prevent work duplication(Nathan already has code for something similar) and to allow us to extend the Phoenix skin at some point with the same custom leftnav

Comments?

-Matt.