[phoenix-dev] Development environment woes

Committers,

It has finally occurred to me that our development/test environment is inadequate. As we increasingly share and use code components, and as our dependency on database usage increases, we need a strategy that will allow us to run www.eclipse.org PHP code on our development environment (typically our workstations) and deploy our code to a test environment. This strategy could involve installing MySQL on our workstations and using a common configuration, and it could involve well-defined processes for developing and testing highly-visible pages, such as eclipse.org-common, the home page and all the main landing pages.

The two issues I'm trying to solve here are:

a) our inability to run all of www.eclipse.org on our workstations
b) our inability to properly test the impact of changes on code components that are used by others

To get the ball rolling, what are your specific pain points? What would make your life easier?

--

Denis Roy
Manager, IT Infrastructure

Back to the top