[phoenix-dev] Meeting minutes - Oct. 6/06

Who was there: Donald, Wayne, Bjorn, Susan, Nathan, Denis, Ian

1. Q3 wrap-up

108785 Denis Link to "documentation" in navigation bar: Will close as WONTFIX because it links from the homepage

118472 Bjorn Create the list-of-committers and list-of-project-leads p... -> deferred to Q4

131994 Donald Foundation FAQ out of date  -> deferred to Q4

134441 Susan suggestion for improved "access forbidden" error page -> done, needs to be implemented on the server

All other Q3 issues have been resolved.

2. Q4 Items (please use 2006-Q4 as the "target milestone"):

Ian, Nathan: complete the Pillars
Nathan, Wayne: document the Phoenix development environment (assuming PHP5)
Don: to open bug about better Membership pages, and update the "planet/universe/feeds" strategy
Bjorn: to open RFC bug for user-friendly Projects pages

Also, the following kind committers have agreed to take care of the following issues for Q4

119189 iCal resource for Eclipse events  (nathan)
120397 List of update site mirrors should be LTR   (denis)
125940 Migrate dev.eclipse.org to Phoenix (ViewCVS, others) (denis)
126675 Horizontal tabs don't scale well (nathan)
133026 Eclipse Foundation News Items launch in new browser  (Nathan)
137751 Newsfeed for technical Articles (Wayne)
140389 Projects roadmap newsgroup/mailing list - not a link (bjorn)
143145 Starter Orientation Section (New to Eclipse?)  (Ian)

3. Homepage Beta feedback

Nathan resumed the feedback so far, and we agreed that:
- we need to unclutter the page by removing "+" signs, useless arrows, lines and some background fades that make the page look too busy

- although the Lazarus skin is nice, switching to it for the home page involves risk. The Phoenix skin is now widely accepted, whereas Lazarus has not been scrutinized by the community

- Nathan doesn't like the purple we use on our site, but he was silenced appropriately.

If we assume the current beta home page is RC1, Nathan will implement some community-suggested fixes and produce an RC2. We'll do another round of feedback for RC2 (displaying RC2 to 50% of our visitors, compared to 25% now). The new home page should be live by the end of next week, after the RC2 feedback has been factored in.

Denis

--
Denis Roy
Manager, IT Infrastructure