[phoenix-dev] Phoenix call reminder - Tuesday, August 22 1:00pm Eastern

Greetings,

Just a reminder that we have a Phoenix call tomorrow, Tuesday Aug. 22 at 1:00pm Eastern time.

866 362 7064
Ottawa and international: +1 613 287 8000
Participant pass code:  955770#

Agenda:

1. Status update on Q3 objectives (in bugzilla, Target Milestone = 2006 Q3):

Q2 Action items:
[Denis]: Ask projects what's preventing them from switching to Phoenix
[Denis]: Move all Phoenix docs to Wiki - completed

12669  Screenshots  (Wayne)
108785 Documentation landing (Denis, Nathan)
118472 List of committers (Bjorn)
119941 Inconsistent date formats (Wayne, Nathan)
120899 Mirror selection broken with MSIE (Denis)
123991 Local stylesheets (Nathan, Denis)
126096 Phoenix documentation incorrect (PDF/Xampp) (Wayne)
136420 Community portal (Ian, Nathan)
122529 Top-10 downloads stale (Denis)
131994 FAQ out of date (Donald)
134441 Error messages (Susan)

2. "Pillars" of Eclipse.

Ian and I will talk about the motive and ideas for bug 152513 - improved website for Eclipse users (newcomers and consumers of Eclipse projects)

I think this will ultimately lead to the total redesign of the home page, and perhaps some landing pages (notably, Projects). I think we also need to survey the greater Eclipse population that don't use bugzilla to get a good view of what needs to be done.

3. Don's new About Us.  Bug?

4. The Board has given us some insight as to the future direction of our website. Here are some points that were raised:

- Better promotion of the ecosystem via www.eclipse.org (Member's plug-in of the day, for instance? Can we syndicate some EPIC content?)
- "don't have to use google to find things" (Pillars, above)
- common look and feel (All projects should move to Phoenix)
- information about the maturity of a project
- more modern work, cooler look (New skin?  Switch to Miasma?)
- user-friendly (information accessible) - see "Pillars", above
- most important stuff easy to find (again, this could be part of the Pillars discussion)

5. Other topics?

Denis

--
Denis Roy