From:    "Eclipse Webmaster (Denis Roy)" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  Nick Boldt/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
03/15/2006 01:38 PM
Subject: Re: Download Stats

Good to hear, Nick.  Yes, queries run *much* faster now, but I'd rather
you not run them live.  Please?  :)

If you'd like, I could create a new Phoenix component for download
stats. If you're interested in your stats scripts being incorporated in
Phoenix, please post an e-mail to the phoenix-dev mailing list to see if
the others are interested in it.

Denis

> WOW. I just regenerated 2 months of data (213 http gets to generate 213
> files) in 9 minutes. This is *SO* much better than the old version.
Kudos!

> Here's the zip, containing what's in CVS in
> /cvsroot/org.eclipse/www/emf/downloads/:
>
> * php script to run sql and return html/xml
> * shell script to generate data (using the above php to get xml)
> * php script to display data
> * sample data
>
> I've also written a wiki page w/ a few screenshots:
>
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Project_Download_Stats
>
> You know, those queries are now so fast I'm tempted to push my luck and
> connect downloads.php (display engine) right to the SQL queries for live,
> up-to-the-minute results. Any objections to that? ;-)
>
> Have a great weekend!
>
> Nick

Back to the top