RE: [phoenix-dev] New Phoenix Committer

Maybe I am not making myself clear.   I have no problem with have 3 existing committers work with Nathan and ensure his work is correct.  In fact this is what Denis and I set out from the start.   My issue is that Bjorn has stipulated that the only way to be transparent and public is thru bugzilla.   I believe this adds a level a bureaucracy that we have not had on the Phoenix project, especially as it related to content, and adds no value.   Whenever I have posted a new member, press release, news item, event, etc. I have not used bugzilla.   I honestly don’t understand why entering a press release into bugzilla makes the posting of the press release more transparent.  The content is live on the web site and everyone gets to see it?  Maybe I am missing something?

I do agree that my original nomination for Nathan was lacking details.   I believe I have corrected that omission in subsequent posts.  Everyone can see the work Nathan has done and evaluate it.  I believe Bjorn needs to take a more holistic approach in how we have been adding content to the web site.  I just don’t see how opening a bug to say you posted a community bulletin or update an rss feed adds value or makes it more transparent.  Bjorn, it would be great if you can explain this?

Ian

Ian Skerrett

Director of Marketing

Eclipse Foundation, Inc.