RE: [phoenix-dev] New Phoenix Committer

Bjorn,

I am not sure why you are creating a higher standard for Nathan.  When Mike nominated Donald to be a committer you did not have these concerns?

Regarding your suggestions to move forward, why is it not good enough to have the discussion on a public mailing list?   A lot of the work done on the web site is content related and we have not been entering bugzilla requests for these types of things.  Starting to enter bugzilla requesst just to have Nathan voted as a committer seems artificial and bureaucratic.

Regardless, here is what I believe Nathan has done and I believe it is available for all to review.

1.  Matt has already voted a +1 and referred to a bug # that Nathan has done.

2. Denis is out of the office but he did check-in the code for the updates Nathan did to these pages:  http://www.eclipse.org/community/rcp.php, http://www.eclipse.org/community/rcpos.php, http://www.eclipse.org/community/rcpcp.php.   I also reviewed these pages before they were checked in.

3. Nathan has been working with Susan on the RSS feeds and a community bulletin.   One example is http://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/20060309cb_elections.php.

4. Nathan will be doing a number of pages for the Eclipse Awards.  I will review them and commit them next week.  Unfortunately they can not go public until March 21, for obvious reasons.

Bjorn, are there specific things you would like Nathan to work on, so you can review his work?

Ian

Ian Skerrett

Director of Marketing

Eclipse Foundation, Inc.