[phoenix-dev] My Phoenix environment

I'm glad to hear Bjorn got his WYSIWYG going. I prefer working with the raw HTML, so here is how I'm setup:

- Eclipse 3.1 for Linux with PHPEclipse.
- Because I work on a Linux box, I already have Apache and PHP running.
- Apache DocumentRoot set to the base folder of my org.eclipse.phoenix project.
- php.ini is configured to display warnings and errors

This allows me to quickly preview files in any Linux browser (I usually test on FireFox, Opera and Konqueror) on my workstation, and hijack Windows PCs on our local network to access my workstation's Apache server using MSIE and other Windows browsers.

I think PHPEclipse and Eclipse on Linux make for a good development/test environment. You could likely do the same on a Windows box, but to me, this is home :)

--
Denis Roy
Manager, IT Infrastructure

Back to the top