[phoenix-dev] Left Nav Style Statement

I would like to make the following suggestion for a style convention when creating left-side project navs:
Every element in a left-side project nav should link to a page which shares the same project nav. In other words, they remain in the same logical section.
Clicking on an element within a document, or something in the right nav can take you to a different section.

Example: Go to "About Us" and then select "Press Releases". To me it is rather disconcerting to see how the left nav jumps over to the Community Section. So under this rule, there would be two ways to fix this: (a) change the project nav for press releases to be the same as in the "About Us" section (my preference), or (b) migrate the "Press Releases" link to something on the right side.

Assuming everyone agrees with this, we can fix this post-1.0.

Mike Milinkovich
Executive Director,
Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
Office: 613-224-9461 x228