Re: [phoenix-dev] progress: Eclipse

Thanks for your feedback, Ed. Shauna stated in her e-mail that this is an "attached screen shot of the progress"

I assume she's not done yet  :)

Also, I don't expect the final layout to be precise to Roger's design in every aspect, although she'll try her best to do so. Stuff like RSS links is not Shauna's job to put, that's ours. She's just designing the visuals, we'll add the content.

- The "swooshy"-ness that reminds us of the Eclipse 3 L&F
We agree.  This is temporary.

- Gradients on the sections like "Community News"
- 3-column layout - this is 4-column and too cramped
This is as per the Canary prototype home page we displayed some time ago (seen here without the top banner or side nav):

http://www.eclipse.org/phoenix/main_phoenix.htm

- Use of transparent text like "Choose project" and "Search" in original
- Drop down list of all projects for quick navigation
- RSS links for each section
- Box for top downloads
- I couldn't see the bottom but the stuff at the bottom may be missing too.

Other than that, looks pretty, doesn't it?

D.