Re: [phoenix-dev] Phoenix Meeting minutes - Sept 2/2005 11:00am

Hi all,

On Do, September 8, 2005 17:25, Denis Roy wrote:

> 2. Theme/Template selection
>
> The new Eclipse theme (skin) will be selected Wednesday, at 8:00am
> Eastern by examining the Bugzilla votes for the (currently) three
> templates.  Anyone wishing to create new templates is encouraged to do
> so by following the guidelines at
> http://www.eclipse.org/phoenix/whatsnew/looking_for_templates.html

I'd like to propose that the template is not just copied 1:1. Instead it
should go through a graphical iteration process, which is very common in
such a decision.

For example, there could be 3 iterations. Each iteration brings 3-5
variations with some optimizations/modifications. The first iteration
discusses the colors, the second the layout, the third some small
optimizations.

Although many people might vote for a design it should also get the
approval from the Board of Directors IMHO. I mean, it's a decision with
such a hugh impact. The website is the figurehead of Eclipse, the
Foundation, all projects and the community.

Cu, Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx