Re: [pde-ui-dev] How to add a virtual resource node (resources that are not on harddisk)?

This question should be asked on the platform-ui mailing list or the
platform newsgroup.

Darin Wright

Gabriel Petrovay <gabipetrovay@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: pde-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
06/27/2008 04:46 AM
Please respond to
"Eclipse PDE UI developers list." <pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

pde-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[pde-ui-dev] How to add a virtual resource node (resources that are not on
harddisk)?

Hello all,

I want to add a container node that contains some project's specific
settings. (similiar to the JRE System Library node).

How can I add a virtual resource node to the Common Navigator. Do I have
to rewrite the ContentProvider from scratch (the way JDT does in
Packages View). I also do not like to extend the internal
org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.NavigatorContentServiceContentProvider
class.

Is there any other way to add nodes to the navigator for items that are
not resources on disk.

Thanks!