[pde-ui-dev] How to add a virtual resource node (resources that are not on harddisk)?

Hello all,

I want to add a container node that contains some project's specific settings. (similiar to the JRE System Library node).

How can I add a virtual resource node to the Common Navigator. Do I have to rewrite the ContentProvider from scratch (the way JDT does in Packages View). I also do not like to extend the internal org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.NavigatorContentServiceContentProvider class.

Is there any other way to add nodes to the navigator for items that are not resources on disk.

Thanks!

Back to the top