[pde-ui-dev] Felix and Eclipse PDE

On a side note, the PDE team from Eclipse would like everyone to know that as of Eclipse 3.3M2 (http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.3M2-200609220010/eclipse-news-M2.html) PDE supports pluggable OSGi frameworks (see the release notes). This allows other OSGi frameworks to be launched like Equinox is (also it allows for reusability of the launch configuration UIs and other things).

There is an OSGi framework extension point (http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.pde.ui/schema/osgiFrameworks.exsd) that interested OSGi frameworks can extend.

Currently only Equinox is supported (http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.pde.ui/src/org/eclipse/pde/ui/launcher/EquinoxLaunchConfiguration.java) but we would appreciate feedback from the Felix community if someone would like to create a Felix extension. We want to make sure this API is stable for Eclipse 3.3 and would love if the Felix community could help the evolution of this API.

Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
Eclipse Committer

Inactive hide details for Clement Escoffier <clement.escoffier@xxxxxxxxx>Clement Escoffier <clement.escoffier@xxxxxxxxx>

Clement Escoffier <clement.escoffier@xxxxxxxxx>

felix-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

cc:

Re: Work with Felix but how?!

Clement Escoffier <clement.escoffier@xxxxxxxxx> - Monday, October 16, 2006, 12:50 PM

Please respond to felix-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I migrate (endly) the tutorial : Felix Integration inside Eclipse on the
Felix Wiki Page :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FELIX/Felix+integration+inside+Eclipse

Regards,

Clement