[pde-ui-dev] Extracting information from plugin.xml

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to extract information from thr plugin.xml corresponding to a plugin project thats still being developed i.e. a plugin thats in the workspace and has NOT been deployed yet.

The situation is similar to the Hello World plugin. When you create the HelloWorld plugin the user provides the name and location of the action class. Here is a snippet of the plugin.xml:

<action
   label="&amp;Sample Action"
   icon="icons/sample.gif"
   class="hello.actions.SampleAction"
   tooltip="Hello, Eclipse world"
   menubarPath="sampleMenu/sampleGroup"
   toolbarPath="sampleGroup"
   id="hello.actions.SampleAction">
</action>

I want to extract the string corresponding to the class tag i.e. "hello.actions.SampleAction" in this case.

Are there any public (or internal) APIs in the PDE that can be used to do this (or is there any alternate way to do this) ?

Thanks,
Rajeev

Back to the top