Re: [pde-dev] Inquiries about plug in development

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 10:50 AM, Jason Tan <jt851993@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello guys,

Hello,

My name is Jason Tan. I am currently tasked in doing a feasibility study regarding a creation of an eclipse plugin that creates a custom project for my client. I have no experience in plugin development, and would like to ask you guys on recommendations on what to read

Despite being partly out-of-date (14 years old already!), I remember ther the book "Contributing to Eclipse" by Erich Gamma and Kent Beck did introduce the Eclipse architecture extremely well and allowed me to feel the power of Eclipse Platform very fast.

or if in your opinion, is my project feasible

Anything is feasible, it's only a matter of time ;)
But as far as I understand of your use-case, it seems like a simple one to implement, creating an extension for a New Project wizard.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community

Back to the top