[pde-dev] Get something similar to bundleClasspathResolvers for development/compilation-time

I posted this already to the newsgroup some days ago but didn't receive
a reply:

Hi,

In 3.8 M2 bundleClasspathResolvers was added to allow dynamic
contribution of classpath information when launching.

My problem is not the runtime look up of bundles because I use
Equinox-Adaptor-Hooks. My current problem is the compile time because
PDE naturally has no idea what's going on at runtime.

The work-around I used until now was to point jars.extra.classpath to
the library but this has 2 problems:
* No JavaDoc is displayed and hence e.g. argument names are arg0, ...
* The location is hard coded

I think in fact i have 2 problems (which jars.extra.classpath address both):
a) Development-Time: I need to make RequiredPluginsClasspathContainer
                     cleverer so that it can dynamically locate the
                     extra jar

b) Export-Time: I need to make the export system add the external jar
                when compiling (the same problem I'm going to face with
                tycho too)

To solve a) I hacked the RequiredPluginsClasspathContainer so that it
adds the extra jar if it encounters counters my special bundle and so
package imports, ... are working.

On b) I have no clue yet how this could be addressed I tried to navigate
through the PluginExportOperation but don't get how the compile path is
created there.

I think if I can address b) I could come up with an extension point to
PDE which allows one to make PDE aware of things one can do with
Adapter-Hooks.

Any one any pointers ideas?

Tom
tom schindl                 geschäftsführer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5-7/1   A-6020 innsbruck     fax      ++43 512 935833
http://www.BestSolution.at                      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top