Re: [pde-dev] model listeners

I'm not familiar with the history of that API.  It has been the same since the early days of PDE.  We are looking at upgrading the model managers in PDE core during 3.8/4.2 so I suggest that you file a bug requesting a global model listener API.  The two listeners appear to work with an independant set of interfaces and classes, so I suspect there is information in the internal PluginModelDeltas that we do not want to support as API.

Curtis

From: "Dimov, Stefan" <stefan.dimov@xxxxxxx>
To: "pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 2011/07/18 08:39 AM
Subject: [pde-dev] model listeners
Sent by: pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I have a question about PDE model listeners. In my code I’d like to use a PDE model listener which listens to all the bundles simultaneously. IPluginModelListener is such a listener. It works fine for me. Unfortunately, it’s an internal class. IModelChangedListener is not an internal class, but from what I was able to figure out I have to add an instance of it to every single bundle, which is something I prefer not to do. Any suggestion about what listener and how to use it?

Regards,
Stefan