[pde-dev] Creating Summary Statistics for API Analysis

Problem:
I would like to generate summary statistics based on the output of the
API Analysis ANT task. (ver Eclipse 3.5.1) but it is unclear how this
could be accomplished.

Approach:
The Analysis task generates a report.xml of binary incompatibilities
found but there is no clear indication (i.e. no XSD) of what fields I
can rely on to custom write my own summary report. For instance the
following attributes are produced:

<api_problem
charend="1"
charstart="-1"
elementkind="4"
flags="25"
id="338792546"
kind="3"
linenumber="0"
message="The method org.jdom.output.XMLOutputter.setTrimText(boolean)
has been removed"
severity="1" typeName="org.jdom.output.XMLOutputter">
more stuff
</api_problem>

Are the "elementKind" or "kind" attributes a reliable indicator of a
method having been removed? Or must I resort to parsing the message
string to glean the information needed?

Thanks,
-pkapur

Back to the top