[pde-dev] Headless product build

Hi

I closely followed the information on this page:
http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/tasks/pde_product_build.htm

I am trying to headless build on Windows with Eclipse 3.5.2 a custom product.

As stated in the initial section of the build.properties file:

# Parameters describing how and where to execute the build.
# Typical users need only update the following properties:
#    baseLocation - where things you are building against are installed
#    bootclasspath - The base jars to compile against (typicaly rt.jar)
#    configs - the list of {os, ws, arch} configurations to build.
#
# Of course any of the settings here can be overridden by spec'ing
# them on the command line (e.g., -DbaseLocation=d:/eclipse

but when I run the command:
java -jar <eclipseInstall>/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_<version>.jar
-application org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile
<<eclipseInstall>/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.build_<version>/scripts/productBuild/productBuild.xml>
-Dbuilder=<path to the build configuration folder>

I get:
eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.pde.build_3.5.2.R35x_20100114\templates\headless-build\customTargets.xml:18:
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: ${eclipseBaseURL}

I tested to see what properties are set by the build.properties
configuration. And it seems that none of the settings I put there are
visible in the "productBuild.xml". For example when I run:

<target name="main" description="the main build target">
    <echo>${configs}</echo>
    <antcall target="preBuild" />

I get:
main:
     [echo] ${configs}

So the build.properties is somehow not read. Are you aware of such a problem?

I have tried the following forms of the builder property (is this
relevant after all?):
C:\Users\Gabriel\Work\eclipse_tools\config\build.properties
C:/Users/Gabriel/Work/eclipse_tools/config/build.properties
file:/C:/Users/Gabriel/Work/eclipse_tools/config/build.properties
file:/C\:/Users/Gabriel/Work/eclipse_tools/config/build.properties

--
MSc Gabriel Petrovay
Mobile: +41(0)787978034

Back to the top