Re: [pde-dev] Target provisioner extension point replacement

Ideally we would like to be able to reuse the PDE bundle pool when we are provisioning but also have PDE use the Maven repository as a source when it is provisioning much like today you are using the eclipse install as a source for bundles.

On 2010-02-19, at 9:48 AM, Curtis Windatt wrote:

The targetProvisioners extension point was deprecated because it was very limiting on the type of targets you could create.  In 3.6 the extension point is still supported (it will add more options to the "add" button on the locations tab), but it can only create basic directory locations.

As we continue to make target definitions more flexible, we would like to make our IBundleContainer interface API, so that extenders could create their own locations that provide bundles to the target.  However, there is no plans in place to complete this work.  Furthermore, the provisional API is not stable (there will be changes in 3.6 with further changes planned in 3.7).

What are you looking to accomplish?

Curtis