From: Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse PDE general developers list." <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08/19/2009 07:42 AM
Subject: Re: [pde-dev] recommended way of adding platform-specific plugins        during pdebuild
Sent by: pde-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jacek,

On 08/19/2009 01:34 PM, Jacek Pospychała wrote:
> Thanks Thomas,
> UI point of view sounds good.
> Do you know how to tell that to p2.director in command line?
> Or how to tell to PDEBuild to tell p2.director... :-)
>
> thanks
>
> Jacek

The p2.director cannot be used for populating platform agnostic target
platforms. It is designed to configure runtimes only. The only tool that
I know of that is capable of setting target platform definitions from
the command line is Buckminster. It will enable you to do things like:

buckminster importtargetdefinition [--active] <uri or path>

where <uri or path> is a .target file that you have created and exported
using the UI.

Full documentation here:
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/tools/buckminster/doc/BuckyBook.pdf

Regards,