[pde-dev] Site headless built works as local site, but not work as an update site through HTTP Server (Apache 2)

Hi,

I’m using the headless build script to build my plug-in, and using the site.xml to publish my website.

If I’m building the site with Right-click the site.xml and select PDE/ Build, the site can be build successfully with artifacts.jar and content.jar created.

And if I build using the headless build (inspired by http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-PDE-Automation/automation.html) and P2 meta data generator (as suggested by http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Metadata_Generator), the site also build successfully.

But there is a slight problem:

1.       If I using the update manager to add a local site with the folder where the generated files are, the update manager CAN discover the files and no problem.

2.       If I put the site built to a web server (apache 2), the update manager CANNOT discover the site at all.

How I can enable my site be discoverable through web site with headless build?

Dop

Back to the top